Minneapolis ARTCC Management
Air Traffic Manager
- Responsible for all operations associated with the Minneapolis ARTCC.
- Reports to the region's Air Traffic Director and oversees operations and management for an assigned ARTCC.
- Maintains an on line presence on the VATSIM server.
- Functions as VATUSA HQ staff member. Attends periodic meetings to report on ARTCC activities and to stay abreast of VATUSA issues and policies.
- Establishes an ARTCC web page and oversees its maintenance.
- Initiates, obtains Air Traffic Director approval for, and maintains ARTCC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides for coordination of position assignments and position restrictions when necessary.
- Provides guidance and help to assigned controllers or guests. Optionally, establishes a staff of "Mentors" to assist new controllers and guests.
- Works with Region Events Coordinator on events that may affect the ARTCC's operations.
- Conducts testing and training as defined, and in accordance with, the VATUSA Training SOP.
- Optionally, conducts additional training and testing on area-specific subjects.
- Establishes an Assistant ATM position and defines the duties of that position. Submits selection to the region Air Traffic Director for final approval and announcement.
- Nominates Instructor candidates to the Training Administrator or Training Director for Training Department approval and announcement
- Recommends disciplinary actions to the region Air Traffic Director.
Deputy Air Traffic Manager
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the facility
- Reports to the Air Traffic Manager
- Maintains an active online presence within the facility and on the VATSIM network
- Functions as ARTCC Staff Member and attends periodic meetings as necessary
- Provides for coordination of position assignments and position restrictions when necessary
- Provides guidance and help to assigned controllers or guests
- Assists in the coordination of events that may affect the ARTCC's airspace
- Assists in management of the facility member and visiting controller roster
- Other duties as assigned by the Air Traffic Manager
- Responsible for the quality of the staff instructors and mentors.
- Reports to the ARTCC's Air Traffic Manager and to the VATUSA Training Director.
- Oversees and administers the ARTCC training program.
- Develops an implements training-related material and projects.
- Ensures that ARTCC instructor positions are adequately staffed. Recruits new instructors and recommends appointments to the ARTCC ATM and the VATUSA Training Department.
- Works with instructors and mentors to develop their knowledge and to ensure that training standards are being uniformly applied to all students.
- Tracks the progress of student controllers, including testing, promotions, and recurrent and remedial instruction.
- Manages and leads the Training Division of ZMP.
- Reports to the ARTCC DATM and ATM.
- Identifies and develops events to generate traffic and to promote the ARTCC.
- Implements and oversees approved events.
- Coordinates with neighboring ARTCCs to arrange support for ZMP-hosted events, and arranges ZMP support for neighboring events.
- Maintains relationships with virtual airlines, coordinates support for VA-hosted events affecting the ZMP airspace.
- Develops and distributes marketing material (graphics, news posts, forum posts, etc) to promote events and the ARTCC.
- Leads and manages events division of ZMP.
- Reports to the ATM.
- Maintains and updates sector files, SOP's LOA's and the ARTCC Operating Policy.
- Manages the ZMP Engineering Division.
- Works with VATUSA and other ARTCC's to approve LOAs and SOPs.
- Reports to the DATM.
- Maintains, updates and manages the ARTCC web site.
- Manages the ARTCC-assigned email accounts at the direction of the ATM.
- Responsible for further development and modernization of the ZMP website.
- Technical advisor to the ATM.
To Go: 894 nm
Altitude: 32978 ft
Ground Speed: 454 kt
To Go: 0 nm
Altitude: 852 ft
Ground Speed: 0 kt
All content © 2011-2018 by the VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC unless previous or other copyright exists; images, logos or other content of that nature remain property of their respective copyright owners. All information contained on these pages are for flight simulation use only on the VATSIM network, and shall not be used for real-world navigation or aviation purposes. This site is in no way affiliated with the FAA, the real Minneapolis ARTCC, or any other governing aviation agency or group. All content contained herein is approved for use on the VATSIM Network. Source code copyright © 2018 Maius Wong. Banner images courtesy of Chris Lundberg, Shane VanHoven, and Tony Webster.